Windowworks is looking to hire a carpenter and shop hand to assist with furniture frame building, window covering track assembly, and other tasks in our workroom.
WindowWorks is a high-end window coverings and custom upholstery manufacturer and retailer, focused primarily on the luxury residential sector. Known within industry for its reputation of best-in-class customer service and top quality products, and the can-do attitude of “we can make anything”, WindowWorks is located in Richmond, BC, Canada. Founded in 1987, WindowWorks is the largest residential drapery workroom in Western Canada.
- Prepare and construct frames for upholstered furniture.
- Inspect and replace damaged framework or other structures and fixtures.
- Taking accurate measurements and calculating the size and amount of material needed for a project.
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of hard woods.
- Assist in the shipping and receiving of outgoing and incoming products.
- Occasional pick up and delivery of required products.
- Clean up work areas before and after jobs.
This position is Monday to Friday 7:00 am to 3:30 PM.
- At least 2 years hands-on experience woodworking with power tools.
- Skilled in safe use of hand and power tools necessary to cut, shape and smooth wood and other material according to measurements.
- Time-management skills and multi-tasking abilities.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must be able to move/lift a minimum of 60 pounds.
- Ability to make decisions and meet daily deadlines working in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated to look for new tasks when work is completed.
- Have good communication skills, able to effectively transfer information to colleagues while making them feel comfortable and motivated.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s licence.
If you are interested in joining the largest workroom in Western Canada, please apply to the following email: email@example.com