Are you an interior designer who enjoys working in an entrepreneurial environment where you have the freedom to grow your business and be rewarded for your hard work and dedication? Do you enjoy working with other interior designers to ensure we deliver on our “we can make anything” reputation? Do you enjoy working collaboratively with clients and an internal team to provide the best-in-class service for window coverings and upholstery?
WindowWorks is looking for a highly motivated and creative Interior Designer to join our team – bring your professional interior design experience to the largest window covering and upholstery workroom in Western Canada – we can make anything you dream. The Interior Design Project Manager will lead the creation and implementation of custom luxury window coverings, upholstery, bedding, interior and exterior projects for our interior design clients, our retail clients, our film clients, and our commercial clients.
Applicants should be creative and productive forward thinkers that work well in a team environment, and should be well-versed in the interior design process from concept, design development, and sourcing and selection, through procurement, production and installation. You will have the capability for, and the interest in scheduling, design, and solving customer challenges. You will be required to lead your sales to reach revenue targets through sourcing customer leads, greeting customers in the showroom, follow-ups, and ultimately, customer satisfaction. In this role, you will be proud to work for a company that designs and manufactures its products in British Columbia.
THE POSITION: Interior Design Project Manager
Combine your love of décor with your selling skills in a diverse and inclusive team environment while enjoying the autonomy and accountability of being an entrepreneur.
As an Interior Design Project manager, you will help guide the look and feel of the client’s home by providing insights on selecting the proper window treatments, upholstered furniture and any fabric-creation that is requested through our “we can make anything” motto and the strength of our workroom. This client-facing role involves meeting directly with clients to get a sense of how they intend to use their space and how they want it to feel.
Services you’ll provide
- Be an expert – know WindowWorks’ differentiating factors, product offerings, specialties, services and pricing and leverage your knowledge to win business
- Lunch and learns – identify outreach opportunities, including marketing to local interior designers, architects and general contractors
- Project management – work and consult with interior designers and other customers to design according to their specifically tailored needs, including selecting style and fabric, determining dimensions, and creating concept design drawings, including site visits when necessary
- Sourcing – select fabrics, hardware, accessories, and finishings through our suppliers to create window covering, bedding, upholstery design or other fabric-creations requested by clients
- Collaboration – work with members of our workroom and our inside sales team to ensure we deliver on your projects with the highest quality, service and on-time delivery, attending and supervising complex installations when required
- Reporting – managing forecast and following reporting procedures, customer calls and activity plans inside eCRM and internal accounting process, and attending weekly team meetings
- Continuous learning – Participate in ongoing product and technology training
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design
- Creativity – At its core, interior design is a creative profession. A passion for design of draperies, upholstery and window coverings and the Hunter Douglas product line
- Critical Thinking – As much as you need your creative juices flowing, you will also need sharp critical thinking skills.
- Spatial Planning – ability to read and interpret architectural drawings and interior specifications
- Computer Skills – Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Photoshop
- Can-do attitude – a passion to create any project that the client requests, by working closely with our renowned workroom
- Entrepreneurial – self-starter, quick-learner, team player, desire to excel in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Positive attitude – on the phone and in – person
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Positive presence – on the phone and in-person
- Multi-tasker – well-organized
- Resourcefulness – willing to use the proper tools and processes to achieve success.
WindowWorks is a high-end window coverings and custom upholstery manufacturer and retailer, focused primarily on the luxury residential sector. Known within industry for its reputation of best-in-class customer service and top quality products, and the can-do attitude of “we can make anything”, WindowWorks is located in Richmond, BC, Canada. Founded in 1987, WindowWorks offers a complete one-stop selection of fabrics, wall paper, area rugs, blinds, shades and drapery hardware, as well as upholstery and custom furniture. Windowworks is the largest residential drapery workroom in Western Canada.
For more information, please visit our website at: https://www.windowworks.ca/ or Instagram: @windowworksbc
This is a full-time position, with benefits and a commission structure that provides you a high earning potential. The successful applicant is expected to work within our Richmond office and their own home, as well as to travel to customer sites in the Lower Mainland.
The Interior Design Project Manager will report to the Sales and Operations Manager.