Job Opportunity: Two Upholsterers
Windowworks is looking to hire two upholsterers to join our upholstery team on a full-time and permanent basis. The expectation is that these individuals will continue our reputation as a fabricator of quality home furnishings.
- Assisting in project planning, and estimating material requirements for upholstery projects.
- Taking accurate measurements and calculating the size and amount of material needed for a project.
- Creating patterns and cut upholstery fabric, with minimal waste.
- Creating of templates at customer job sites.
- Designing and creating of furniture frames to maximize stability and quality.
- Working with carpentry team to construct frames for upholstered furniture.
- Inspecting and replacing damaged framework or other structures and fixtures.
- Stitching, including decorative stitching, with sewing machine for leather, velour, vinyl, fabric, etc.
- Sewing various types skirts / volant for furniture.
- Hand sewing difficult fabrics and leather.
- Making of slipcover for sofas, chairs and armchairs.
- Designing cuts for new furniture.
- Measuring, cutting and sewing seat cushions for sofas.
- Restoring upholstery from baroque to modern.
- Cleaning up work areas before and after jobs.
- Performing other duties as assigned and consistent with the position.
The work hours are Monday to Friday 7:00 am to 3:30 PM.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Completion of secondary school.
- Completion of formal education in upholstery and frame building.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s licence.
- Time-management skills and multi-tasking abilities.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to make decisions and meet daily deadlines working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with all types of upholstery material, including leather, coconut fibers, jute, palm fibres and horsehair.
- Knowledge of modern and traditional upholstery techniques, including lacing, garnishing, and stitching.
- Self-motivated to look for new tasks when work is completed.
- Experience and comfort with power tools.
- Must be able to move/lift a minimum of 40 pounds.
- Have good communication skills, able to effectively transfer information to colleagues while making them feel comfortable and motivated.
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English.
Remuneration and Benefits
The successful candidates will receive a wage of CAD$25-$26 per hour and they will be eligible for annual performance reviews and incremental pay increases subject to company and individual performance. The successful candidates will also be eligible for enrolment in WindowWorks’ Group Benefits Plan which includes extended medical insurance and a CAD$1,000 per annum health spending account and they will be eligible for 10 days of paid vacation per calendar year (prorated).
WindowWorks is a high-end window coverings and custom upholstery manufacturer and retailer, focused primarily on the luxury residential sector. Known within industry for its reputation of best-in-class customer service and top-quality products, and the can-do attitude of “we can make anything”, WindowWorks is located in Richmond, BC, Canada. Founded in 1987, WindowWorks is the largest residential drapery workroom in Western Canada. For more information, please visit our website at: https://www.windowworks.ca/ or Instagram: @windowworksbc.
If you are interested in joining the largest workroom in Western Canada, please apply to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org.